设为首页 - 加入收藏
您的当前位置:首页 >Vesper >MFR50SFTE52-40K2_Yageo 正文

MFR50SFTE52-40K2_Yageo

来源:LM317 Electronics Components编辑:Vesper时间:2021-06-14 03:28:39

Tunable lasers were promoted heavily during the optical boom in the late 1990s, both for easily shifting wavelengths in direct optical switching and for cost-saving by providing tunable spare parts in optical ports for transmission systems in the field. But the tunable laser market was battered by the telecom crash, and most tunable startups folded.

Prospects have since improved the broadband recovery, and market researcher CIR predicts a compound annual growth rate of 37 percent for tunable lasers over the next five years.

MFR50SFTE52-40K2_Yageo

LONDON — NXP Semiconductors will never become a fabless company according to the company's CEO Frans van Houten, who maintains that being 'fab-lite' is not synonymous with being fabless but rather that it offers a company with a diversified product line a smart way to control its production capacity.

Indeed, one year on from its emergence as an independent company from under the wing of Philips, NXP has been reducing the amount of chip production it outsources albeit for tactical rather than strategic reasons.

MFR50SFTE52-40K2_Yageo

Nonetheless Van Houten said NXP’s decision to quit the Crolles2 semiconductor R&D and manufacturing alliance with STMicroelectronics and Freescale Semiconductor Inc. and move into the open arms of our fab partner TSMC [Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd.] for advanced CMOS manufacturing was a necessary step to ensure competitiveness.”

NXP’s president and chief executive officer was speaking exclusively to EE Times just days after the first anniversary of a group of private equity investors taking an 80.1 percent stake in the Eindhoven, Netherlands-based chip company. Royal Philips Electronics still retains the remaining 19.9 percent.

MFR50SFTE52-40K2_Yageo

The anniversary was celebrated last week during a rain-sodden party at Eindhoven and functions at regional centers across the world.We have convinced ourselves and our owners that in the commodity segment it makes competitive sense to be vertically integrated, and I believe we will never be a completely fabless operation,” said van Houten. He noted the flexibility such a strategy affords. Last year, we were 18 percent outsourced. Now, we have pulled that back to between 10 to 15 percent as we are unfortunately seeing some slackness in the industry.”

But the strategic aim remains – as a higher percentage of products will be made in advanced CMOS – to increase that to between 30 and 40 percent outsourced to TSMC. In the past, van Houten said this is likely to happen by 2010. Now he suggested the timescale is a moving target; it depends on how we perform, and to some extent how the markets we serve perform. We estimated the market would be growing at 10 percent currently, but the reality is we are growing at about half that, even though we are gaining market shares as IC Insights’ most recent statistics indicate.”

Flat screen TV sets continue to be the runaway success. In 2007, the industry association expects the market volume to grow another 16 percent to €4.2 billion, which surprises in that the past year already was a record year due to the soccer world cup. Again LCD wins hands down over plasma display technologies. While Plasma adds another 17 percent to its market volume of 470.000 units in 2007, LCD technology will expand its volume by 50 percent to 3.9 million units.

Another growth driver are game consoles. The study estimates the respective market volume to grow 45 percent to 705 million units as a direct consequence of the latest product roll-outs.

The market for analog appliances such as video recorders, analog stereo receivers and CRT TV sets will continue its slide. The market watchers expects this segment to shrink by almost 10 percent to €2.6 billion. For 2008, the organization expects a decline of another 11.5 percent.

Solido Design Automation Inc. announced a second round of funding on Monday (Aug. 27), saying the additional $6.5 million will be used to accelerate development of its design and verification software.

Solido (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) said it has raised a total of $9 million in two funding rounds.

    1    2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
热门文章

    0.1801s , 10764.671875 kb

    Copyright © 2016 Powered by MFR50SFTE52-40K2_Yageo,LM317 Electronics Components  

    sitemap

    Top